Thread: Best Athletes
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Best Athletes

[ QUOTE ]
Well since you're not trying to take into account coordination, balance, dexterity or things of this nature, it seems that track and field is the sport which measures all of the attributes you describe. And since I think you meant which major team sport has the best athletes, that would have to be the NFL. It is very common for football players to be crossover track stars even at high levels of collegiate and even international competition. Find me one rugby player who is a world class sprinter, or high jumper, or shot putter. You'll find the NFL stock full of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

sprinting is anarobic, the NFL is anarobic. Do you see how those and other track events that work with the NFL don't really work in rugby? I can garuntee you that Sivivatuu is just as good of a sprinter as any NFL player, and if you ever see Tonderai Chavanaga then you'd know that you haven't seen a faster sprinter in the NFL. THere are way more fat overweight players in the NFL then there are in rugby. I don't remember any gold medalist track and field atheletes being in the NFL any time recently, and lets be honest, how does high jumping really play into being a great NFL player, it doesn't. YOu can jump as high as you want, but if you can't position yourself, or run good routes then you will be a worthless reciever. I can garuntee you that more rugby players would make it in the NFL then the other way around