View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Bloggers, Trolls, and the STTF

[ QUOTE ]
i will say two things,

i am drunk but can still type and think clearly

this makes me want tostop making any meaningless posts unless in OOT or the bad beat forum because the top poster's who I wont name because i dont want to miss anyone have helped me so much. When i read a post about a hand think about what I would do and read a top poster so the same thing I thought my confidence would rise which helped me play better. So thanks to irieguy and the many other regulars, please dont let trolls change how often you post, because honestly, f*** them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same way that trolls can make good players and regulars stop posting here, so can arrogant, know-it-all good players and regulars make newbies not want to post here. You can't sit here and say Irieguy or The Yugoslavian can get away with it because he has tenure and has valubale posts whereas a troll who doesn't contribute anything worthwhile cannot also. This is exactly what I eluded to in The Yugoslavian's "Should Yugo go" thread. If you let this kind of thing slide, it's pure hypocrisy and favoritcism being shown and practiced. I'd rather deal with a great person and player who can help me improve than someone who is a foul person with equal greatness in play who can help me improve.