View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Concealed Handgun License??

[ QUOTE ]
I never said it was a malfunction. Never said it wasn't safe either. Glock owners swear by them as simple and very effective (and quite accurate) handguns. Many PD's carry them, although quite a few carry Colt, Beretta, Browning, Kimber etc. You are probably more knowlegable than me, but I can't think of another semi that doesn't have at least one manual safety. There are only a couple of semis I'd carry cocked and locked..Browning Hi Power and a Colt 1911. Even then, it depends on circumstances.

I didn't make up the term Glock Leg. It's pretty well known, just google the term and see the hundreds of hits. It's an affliction even the police suffer with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't doubt that there's a term called "Glock Leg". But I think you defined it as when a Glock goes off. Anyway I wasn't trying to be a jerk and I didn't really think you were being one either.

I'm sorry if I came across as one.

I've been kinda out of the gun buisness for a couple years now. Off the top of my head I can think of a few others that don't have an external manual safety. Kahr and I'm pretty sure Walther P99's don't. Don't laugh when I mention Kel-tek. They are low end but they're reliable.

Anyway the only real complaints I've heard about LE agencies having was the NYPD didn't like the 5.5 lb trigger pull. Glock has since made a "new york" trigger. I believe that's a 10-11lb trigger pull.