View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Two hands for check-up

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get what you're doing at all in hand 1. I'd bet the turn and would need a great read to be convinced otherwise.

In hand 2, I don't think you've seen enough of this guy to assume he's passive enough for you to fold here after only a half hour of him not playing many hands. Call down.

[/ QUOTE ]In hand 1, with which hands do you think a tight player would call that would make it profitable for a turn bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
I understand why you checked the turn in hand one, I see nothing wrong with that play. When youre behind you can minimize your loss, and against this tight player you may induce a call on the river by a hand he planned on folding to a turn bet. However, once your opponent checks the river, you need to bet your hand for value. Your turn check will induce your opponent to call with many more hands now that you are ahead of, but he cant call if you dont bet.

Hand 2. I dont like raising 77 UTG in a full game, I prefer either limping or folding depending on the texture of the game. Given that youve only known your opponent for 30 minutes I think you should call down. He knows you probably missed this board, which means he may raise this turn with a hand you beat. I'll admit though that its hard to find a hand that he would semibluff raise with since there is no flushdraw on the board, and if the villain is tight he cant have a straight draw or a lower pocket pair than you. It looks like the villain has 88-JJ to me, but i would still call down and look him up since you still dont know him that well.