View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: I guess it\'s time to get it all in -- flop bluff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just not crazy about him calling a raise to $45 with a club draw trying to gamble and hit.

If I was going to raise less, it would be to about $65 minimum.

I think we'd agree that this type of bet in these games is rarely a hand that can stand this sort of flop action. When everyone else does me the amazing service of folding, my raise seems almost mandatory.

Why raise a 45 suited (essentially a junk hand) in position if you aren't going to squeeze out every bit of equity in every situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, you should be crazy about him gambling with incorrect odds for the flush.

I agree that if you are planning on raising in position then you probably have to bet almost any flop (maybe not a As Ks Qs) But your over bet is ridiculous and terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have issue with the entire premise of a bluff here, and not the fact that I made a greater than pot-sized raise. As I've stated 3 times (and also in the original post), raising to $70 is certainly superior than simply pushing. However the bluff itself should be standard.

Whether you agree or disagree with the play, some of the analysis here is shockingly bad.

It's a bad play because I have the worst hand possible? One of the necessary elements of a pure bluff is to have a terrible hand. How can that be a reason for a bluff to be wrong?

You guys would call here with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]? Despite having entirely incorrect odds to do so? What is going on here?