View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Do players iso-raise short stacks at PP20? i.e., should I r-r w KQ

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have anything to say about UTG pushing just before the BB reaches him, and UTG+1 being aware of this, and how that affects UTG+1's range?

Edit: I'm aware that KQo is a marginal hand and that this is a routine fold absent the special consideration of UTG pushing ahead of his blind and UTG+1 being aware of this.

Put another way, what do you raise with in UTG+1's spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess UTG range is top 50% maybe top 75% of hands. With less he is probably better off defending the BB next orbit.

I would guess UTG+1 has a hand that he likes a lot better than a hand he would open raise with (since he has no fold equity here and only has the blind overlay). UTG+1 is saying he is willing to show this hand down PLUS take the risk of a monster showing up behind. Yes, many times UTG shows up with crap here, but that doesn't change the risk that UTG+1 is taking with his raise.

So suppose UTG folded and UTG+1 puts 1/3 of his stack on the line with that many players behind. Would you reraise with KQo? If the answer is no, I wouldn't do it here.

For me GAP concept would make me fold KQo to just the open raise by UTG+1. I definitely fold to UTG+1 reraise.

I don't play the $22s so maybe that changes things here...

Pokerscott