Thread: Push or Fold?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Push or Fold?

From yesterdays Quarter Million on Party. After going from potential chip leader to short stack due to a bad beat, I found myself in the final 16 with $40k and blinds at $10 and $5k. EP big stack min raises to $20k. All folded to me in the CO and I am looking at 22. I thought this was a classic case of being way behind or slightly ahead. But there was $15k in dead money if I go all in putting me at $95k if I win. This was a workable stack for me which would give me a shot at winning. I figured the raiser didn't neccessarily have a PP since min raises usually took the blinds. He had a big stack so he could just be looking to steal and add to his chips. I thought about folding but the table was aggressive so it rarely got folded to LP so I thought in order to be the first raiser I would have to raise from EP and since I was short stacked I would be more likely to get called than usual. Also, 11-19 place paid the same. So I would have to move up 5 spots to increase my winnings. So after thinking awhile, I pushed. Villian shows KJ, the best of a bad situation for me, but he hits his K on the flop and I am out. I am still thinking of ways I could have gotten further. I could have folded and hope to get a better situation/hand. I could have tried a stop and go from the blinds which I think in retrospect may have been a better option. Anyway, this was my first major tourney finish so I am happy with $2k but feel I could have done better. Anyone else make that push or is this a standard fold?