View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Falcons at Lions: Stay Tuned

I really like the Falcons today, but I am not going to recommend them here. What I will recommend is taking the under at 43 or below, but only if Chad Lavalais (DT) plays. Here's why: Falcons defense has been absolutely TERRIBLE the last 2 weeks, in large part because they have missed Brady Smith both weeks and Chad Lavalais last week. Detroit's offense is TERRIBLE. Even without Brady Smith, the Falcons stopped the Dolphins. The Falcons should make it difficult for the Lions today. On the other side of the ball, the Falcons have been scoring a lot of offensive points. This has been due in large part to being down by 14 and 13 early in the games and Vick passing the ball a lot more than usual.

I expect the Falcons running game to be predominant today against Detroit's weak defense, to avoid turnovers (which have killed them) and to stop Detroit's offense.

If Chad Lavalais plays, take the under. If not, avoid this game. If you have to play a side, take the Falcons at -3 (for one thing Syg is almost always wrong about the Falcons [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].)