View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Re: Flush Draw Check, Bet, or Check/ Raise

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps incorrectly, but I initially view anyone who sits down and posts before the blinds come to them as a weaker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually posting in the cutoff position has slightly positive expectation per hand for the first 7 hands (-1.5SB/10 per hand versus -1.0SB/7 per hand) over waiting for the blinds. Also if you are a winning player then your real hourly rate increases if you are in the game sooner. There is also the additional benefit of having a lot of players see you as "weak". [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Run the math for me, if you would. Here is my basis for thinking this way, incorporating my averages.

Assume 20% VP$P, and 30% from SB and 4BB/100 @ 0.50/1. That puts you seeing 27% of the flops at a cost of about 30SB/100 with raises. Your average cost is $0.30 per hand. Average winrate is then a total of 38SB/100 or $0.38 per hand.

Folloing the same line for the remaining 6 hands, you will play about ~1.8 additional hands in the first round. That is 2.8SB for those hands, or $0.40 per hand. Granted it may be insignificant overall, considering that you may play a couple hundred hands at the table before leaving.

I think more importantly, you also give up the advantage of watching the play at the table without distraction for a few minutes.