View Single Post
Old 07-28-2003, 02:00 PM

Default AA and betting questions

I have questions concerning proper betting (if there is such a thing). I was playing at Party, 25/NL .25/50. I was dealt AA in MP. It was checked to me and I raised to $4. Two callers. Flop was J83 rainbow. I bet $8, still 2 callers. Turn was a 4. I go all-in for $14. 2 callers. River was 7. I had AA, 2nd had 55, and 3rd had J7. J7 for goodness sake. After my defeat I even typed J7?. Is this just the bad breaks against someone? I had this type of situation happen 3 other times to wipe me out. Another that really sticks in my crotch: I have T8s I call $1, three callers. Flop is T86. I bet $5 , two drop he raise to $10 (he had been doing this all night, trying to bully). I re-raise to $20, he calls all in to $30. It's H2H with this guy. The turn is Q5. Well he had Q5. Talk about being pissed off. Are these just bad breaks against people who play crap? Like I said that day I dropped $150 on about four hands. What are good bets so someone doesn't call, and how about on the flop and turn, etc. Should I be betting pot, half pot. I seem to loose some hands by not betting enough for them to drop before they catch. Any suggestions.