View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Was Jesus a real person?

"There were three separate individuals whose history blended, and they because known collectively as Christ." ---Seth

Seasons Greetings, and I thought would throw that in the mix. According to the channelled material delivered by Jane/Seth, the name "Jesus" was a fairly common name back in those long-ago times.

"The concept (original sin) itself existed long before Christianity’s initiation, and was told in various forms throughout the centuries and in all civilizations. On the side of consciousness, it is a tale symbolically representing the birth of the conscious mind in the species as a whole, and the emergence of self-responsibility." ---Seth

Speaking of symbolism, symbology, or whatever:

"Each of the twelve (disciples) represented qualities of personality that belong to one individual, and Christ as you know him represented the inner self."

...inner self, in those terms, meaning the non-physical self, or the self that looks inward, or the PART OF the self that deals with non-physical realities (emotions, thoughts, etc.), the portion that does NOT deal with camouflage/physical reality.

"When Christ spoke he did so in the context of his times, using the symbolism and vocabulary that made sense to a particular people in a particular period of history, in your terms. He began with their beliefs, and using their references tried to lead them into freer realms of understanding." ---Seth

Ideas should expand, naturally. ANY idea could be considered as "fuel for the fire". Why not? Spur the mind into activity!

Then of course:

"Christianity has become, however, a tangled sorry tale, its cohesiveness largely vanished. Such a religion becomes isolated from daily life." ---Seth

The ideas were not expanded. We/they/the people stayed with the symbolism and why oh why! did we not use our intelligence to launch ourselves past the out-dated ideas used back then? I mean, come on! Who really thinks there are demons and devils, fire and brimstone, holy ghosts and spirits, floating all about? I guess one belief is as good as another, if it comes to extremes, but to have common sense and a speck of a brain, some of those past ideas are worn slap out!

"Without exception, all of the horrors connected with Christianity’s name came from following the letter rather than the spirit of the law, or by insistence upon literal interpretations -- while the spiritual, imaginative concepts beneath were ignored." ---Seth

Imagination! Oh my! Who would have thunk it? Not me, but perhaps:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." ---Einstein

John Lennon might have been on to something afterall! Too bad we killed him. Oh well, live and learn. (I need a beer, the season for niceties is upon me, be cheerful and of good spirits, and have a happy...whatever. Peace out.)