View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Tournament to Cash game? What changes?

[ QUOTE ]
By "quite aggressive post flop" what do you mean? Can you give me some examples?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean I am always willing to bet to take pots that no one seems interested in. If a flop comes down that doesn't seem as if it could have helped my opponent, I will bet to take it. If I have a solid read on my opponent (i.e. I've been at the table with him for a while) and sense weakness, I will raise him off the pot.

On occasion I will be wrong, and will pay the price of the bet or the raise. This is more than offset by the number of times I am right, and take countless unclaimed pots.

I play my strong hands this same way. Because I am very active, I do not get credit for such a powerful hand, and I may get all of my opponent's chips.

One of the things you should always look for in an opponent is an announcement of a high pair. Players do this, though they may not realize it. If that is the case, and you have a small pair or an excellent drawing hand, get in there with him.

It's worth noting that if a player has made this announcement and I don't hit, I'm not going to try to make him fold. He won't. I'm not going to waste chips trying to bluff him off KK or AA.

I will warn, this is a difficult style to learn. To an inexperienced player it often results in overplaying hands. It is higher variance than other styles, particularly when your timing is off for a week at a time (it happens). However, when properly executed, it works wonderfully.