View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: The best odds for/against god

I don't know of all or even close to all of the scientific reasons that certain aspects of any religion are probably not true, but there are things that they claim that I know science would argue against being true.

I only mean that there are things about christianity all other earthly religions that are not proven to be possible. Any religion that includes an afterlife such as heaven where you thought process on earth is somehow duplicated or recreated and once again has a chance to develop, has no scientific proof that I know of that would make this possible. I'm not saying that it isn't possible, but from what i know, I don't place a high probablility on it being true. (of course I don't believe in the "soul" which i believe would be refuted by science). I don't know very much about specific scientific evidence agains a god's existence, at least to the extent that I would like to, and I don't claim to.

I do not dismiss christianity any more that any other specific religion, I would actaully place it at more likely to be true than most other known religions, but I don't give any specific religion significant odds

I would agree that a god existing is possible, but doubt that it is a necessity for life to exist. I don't think it can be viewed as a necessity for life to exist at our present knowledge of how the universe works, but it is certainly a possiblity.