Thread: World Cup Fever
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: World Cup Fever

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This whole "rankings" discussion is retarded. It's clear the US is one of the top 16 teams in the WC. It's also clear they would be an underdog against: Brazil, Argentina, England, Italy, Netherlands. Very likely underdogs against France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Czech Republic. They're on par with Sweden and Mexico.

Also notice that if there is a "Group of Death", the US must be one of the teams in it (as there's pretty much no other team in either the US or Australia "pots" that is as good as the US, except maybe Japan)

The US desperately needs to avoid Netherlands, Czech Republic, and Portugal. They would be an underdog to make it out of the group stage. If they're in a group with Switzerland, Poland, Sweden, Croatia, or Ukraine, they have a good chance to advance to the second round.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if Croatia, 3rd in WC1998 who defeated Holland 2-1 is a minnow then good luck.

However, I would prefer my genetic homeland YKPAIHA to be drawn against Yankeeland. That would be an enjoyable game to be at in Germany!

[/ QUOTE ]

I just hope we can avoid Denmark (QF lost 3-2 to Brazil @ 1998 WC), Norway (2nd round lost 1-0 to Italy), and Chile (2nd round lost to Brazil).

I really hope we avoid 2002 Semifinalist Turkey, and 2002 QF Senegal.

Oh wait, none of those teams qualified...