View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: 8/b - Trips on 5th st.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, fifth is clearly the interesting spot. I think a reraise could def be in order depending on the opponent. If seat 7 is a player who wont make this raise without the low then there isnt much point raising because you want to keep the other low draw in now. If he has a flush draw then he probably isnt going anywhere but thats not the worst thing that could happen to us. Now the reraise becomes very useful when Seat 7 will make this play with just some type of draw ie maybe a four low+pair, two pair maybe, four low+gut shot, etc.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree mscaqs, this is the interesting street .. it's similar to our discussion a few weeks back about a whether to knock out one of two low draws with a big flush to increase our scooping chances, should the 3 open babies not have made his hand yet - and I had said it's read dependent, as here I did feel strongly the low was made - however the other factor is we don't have a made hand - I believe Ray Zee said 'big flush' to simplify the discussion w/o including the variable of protecting your hand, as in a small flush or big str8.