View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Getting frustrated with the money I make

I played $20s for a living for a long time and had the same problem as you. I would try to play enough every month to set money aside for moving up, but I would let real life get in the way and I would only end up making a little extra. My bankroll was growing, but too slowly. Then this fall I decided to sacrifice several months of my social life to XXXtreme bankroll-building, on the theory that once I was able to move up to the $50s, I would make enough money playing reasonable hours to let me have a life while still building my roll. After 2 months of hardcore playing, I reached my goal and moved up. Then disaster struck and I had to move down again, but if it hadn't been for my hard work during those 2 months, the disaster would have bankrupted me altogether. Now, I know that after just a couple more months I can be back where I was. I have done it once & know I can do it again.

So, my point is...if you're serious about this, make a plan & stick to it. Play a lot more than usual for a couple of months. After a while, what once seemed like an insanely challenging work schedule will come to seem quite feasible. If you're persistent & diligent, and you really have the skill to beat higher games, you will be on your way in just a few months.

Best of luck & happy holidays. See you on the leaderboard!

Ilya