View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Evolving Nation States

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm. I'm not sure that natural selection is now untrue. Maybe in humans? But still not entirely.

Please elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't mean that is is entirely dead, but as it is considered as the means that primative creatures survive and evolve is not neccessarily all true for humans at this point. Let me say that I consider this change against natural selection as very small, but i think it is there and have been happening over the past several thousand years, or maybe even much further back.

Something such as wildlife conservation is an example of how human emotion intervenes with natural selection in the animal world, and there are many more. it may not mean much in the long run but does affect natural selection just is in the human world or when it comes to nations etc.

as far as humans go.. just the fact that attraction does not neccessarily depend on the fittest or most intelligent person can affect our natural selection as well.

i guess it depends on what you really think of natural selection and who is actually the BEST candidate.

I'm just saying that efforts aree put forth that protect the weak and this is due to emotional or political reasons or possible practical reasons.

I'm not sure of how natural selection could or may have been undermined without any humans around