Thread: 109s - JJ Hand
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: 109s - JJ Hand

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls t30, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t90</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t60.

Flop: (t210) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, SB is allin in a flash.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post/hand kept me awake last night. Stupid poker.

Anyhow, I am now beginning to see why this hand is more interesting than Irie/others are making it out to be.

At the moment, the nuts is J8, followed by 68. Could/would villain play these hands this strong? I dunno, I could see 68 being played this way more than J8. Furthermore, it's plausible our villain has 2 pair as well. Lots of hands we're technically behind at the moment. Would a set play it this way?

But there are so many other hands that make this all the more interesting.
7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
X[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
X[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I would play these hands the way our villain played it, c/r allin on the flop.

Anyhow, considering the strength of the play (c/r) and the extreme coordination of the board, along with the very plausibility that your villain could have a hand that represents one of the above, I can see how it's easier to view this as a coinflip. And, does unarmed take coinflips?

Pot odds-wise, if your hand range is that you're 50/50 here, it is surely ok to call. My guess this is where you're stuck. You're better than the field (at least you think so, and I'm not arguing). So should you gambool here, or put your chips to good use elsewhere? I would think only you can answer this.