View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: set K\'s and coordinated board on river

You say, “This is a good reason why players like yourself are probably not winning as much as you could be.” Maybe, and I can’t argue with that, it’s the reason I’m here, as is maybe are most posters.

Here, you’re taking the OP’s rather non-descript read of “not particularly aggressive”, then defining him as a tight-weak passive player with a rigid set of rules for how he plays 2-pair and rivered straights. The only variability you allow this player is that he sometimes won’t even raise with the nuts.

The OP doesn’t provide any info on how many hands he plays, a metric on how aggressive he actually is based on hundreds of PT hands or a degree of certainty to his read. He only presents a sort of a gut feel for how aggressive. And that’s understandable because he’s playing at a site that doesn’t work with PT.

The fact is, even passive players can make bizarre plays at times, especially when the pots get big. I take OP’s overview read for just that, a basic feeling for how he plays. Then, instead of inferring a defined strategy for how he plays, I accept that this read is somewhat variable or undefined to a degree.

In this hand, the pot is too big and the Villian is too undefined to fold. Sure, if I knew he had a post-flop aggressiveness of 0.5 over 200 hands, then ya fold it.