View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: capping pf, after you\'re 3-bet by later position TAG

IMO you will see a button 3 bet with a wide range of hands from 22 to A3s among monsters ofcourse. I dont 3 bet with these but I have seen it alot in my games. If the player is capable of folding slick UI to aggression then capping might not be a bad idea and lead flop and turn if no royalty come out. I remember reading a post sometime ago I would have to search for it, but the idea was proposed about a hand that you think is strong enough to cap preflop OOP but are unsure of how to take control after being 3 bet preflop. In that post I agreed with 1 scenerio. They debated over calling preflop and calling flop and maybe a fold on turn or something like that with AJs. What I like especially if someone has 3 bet me a few times while I am OOP then use the flop to take control. Another words call the 3 bet preflop and auto check raise the flop and bet turn. This will give your hand more deception and let the PF3 know he is going start facing some strong aggression. The whole thing behind the flop check raise is that it carries more weight than a cap preflop because that indicates that you hit something on the flop or you are not afraid of the cards on flop and when you turn bet it would tell this guy that you are strong enough to see a SD even though there are times you dont improve on flop or turn, but you want to instill that thinking or fear in the PF3. By always calling when you get 3 bet preflop shows weakness that will be exploited and at some point you have to make a stand and show those TAGS you will play back at them.