View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Losing EV not changing your nickname?

[ QUOTE ]
If someone wants to take the time to really analyze all 50K hands or whatever they have on me more power to them. But the information they can pull during a game situation will not help much IMO. In fact over analytical players can get so tied up in that crap they forget to play (and tend to always take the 'optimistic view'). "He bluffed with K high in the past so maybe he's doing it again" Thanks sucker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would rather that the good players consider me a good player. If seeing my stats promotes that great.

Plus with datamining you still only 'see' a small portion of my hands. And the hands that make it to the river may not be a very good indicator of how I play.

Of course I could be very very wrong as I have never datamined. So I'm not sure what the power of it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. I have studied great players in my mined databases and just seeing hands that went to showdown isn't enough information to improve yourself as a player.

I've also asked for complete databases from experts. I've found it's still tremendously difficult to learn even from them.

Krishan