View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Who\'s the [censored]?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CardSharkCook, two 1/2 mile long lanes would create excessive merging. If you know anything about traffic merging slows down a lanes movement drastically.

It takes longer for 2 1/2 mile lanes to merge into a single lane and continue than a single 2 mile lane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. People trying to cut in slow everything down to a crawl, that's what annoys me about it.

Also, they cause traffic jams, accidents, and steal social security money from old ladies. They support Al Qaida, Al Sharpton, and alimony. They are against America, baseball, apple pie and sitcom TV.

If you let them cut in front of you, the terrorists win.

[/ QUOTE ]

This assumes no one was ever in the other lane. wtf is it there for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually so people can take right turns on and off the road without impeding the traffic going straight, or for use as a passing lane if someone is stopped in the left lane taking a left turn.

9 times out of 10 that is what the extra lane is supposed to be used for.

BTW, I have no problem with people jockeying for position, as long as you don't slow me down. Cutters usually are in their own little world, don't pay attention enough to merge correctly, and slow down the traffic in front of me. The people that fly by in the right lane when everyone is in the left waiting and get ahead of the lane when the light turns, I don't have a problem with as they don't slow me down. I do this a lot, but I don't slow anyone down.