View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Donkeyfied AA hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You invite this KJ ("off" for sure) jerk into the pot, why? What's the OBJECTIVE of your 1200 raise? What's your plan?? Apparently, you want to let idiots in cheap. This you accomplish with ease.
This was very poorly played. You trapped yourself. You literally handed this KJ idiot all your chips, voluntarily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't pay any attention to this post, this guy was thinking that your original figures were correct and you somehow manifested an outstandingly (illegally) weak raise of 1.5x the BB...

Based on that he figured your initial raise was too weak... and took some liberties with his pen (and logic)... I would NOT play aces the way this poster recommends.

Your 3xBB raise is proper. You played it hard after the flop -- he probe-bets (turns out its a 'lure' bet) but anyways, you are happy with the money in the pot and move in swiftly to protect your money and prevent unhappy accidents.

The fact that he flopped two-pair is irrelevant. Villain would have called you here if he flopped only a king. Or only a jack if it was top pair. He's not going to hit two pair or better often enough for you to worry about backing off.

Questioning your aggression in situations like this will result in -EV, because in the vast majority of cases you will not be behind here.

In kind, listening to the poster I quoted above will result in -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care if you are ahead most of the time. I don't see the point in raising 4xpot on the flop. Just make a normal raise and get the rest in on the turn.

As for villain's play. He called a raise with a junk hand, made 2-pair and took out an overpair. Sometimes playing junk works. I assume it was KJs, which makes the call not that terrible.