View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Roy Cooke on Cheating and Cheaters

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

Here's the way I see it. Russ G essentially called everyone a cheater with usually no evidence to back it up. Cooke should know better than to write anything that appears to endorse him in any way.

Below is an article that originally appeared in Poker Digest that is now in my book Poker Essays, Volume III. It is the position that both David Sklansky and I take on this issue.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason -- I find the use of the word "usually" interesting. Isn't that a qualified endorsment of some of what Russ G. says but not all of it? Isn't that the same thing Cooke did?

And I didn't mean to imply any wrong-doing with the club comment. I used to be an rgp person and one of the reasons I left was the way they treated people like you, Brunson, Caro and Cooke. 2+2 is a much friendlier place. I only meant that you make your living from a poker related business so what's good for poker is good for you and what's bad for poker is bad for you, and it it's only reasonable for you to protect your own self-interest.

Nothing bad meant by it.

I think you and David are poker's most credible spokespeople. I think Cooke is probably next. You should grab him as a writer! Be good for both of you! (I loved the Harrington book by the way, keep on doing what you do.)