View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 01:20 AM

Default Re: A couple 2-7 TD hands

Hand 1- Your line looks good. 3 handed you have to 3 bet less than perfect 1 draws OOP. On the end in this situation I tend to make a play that few others do at these limits; but you could easily be up against an 87 or worse depending on how tricky your opponent is. Therefore to ensure that he wont check behind (as he would if he tried to force you to break with a rough 8 or 9, ill send out a donk bet and hope it doesnt get raised) This has worked well for me and i do it often with #5-#10 when i feel like I may be behind but could very well be ahead and dont want to miss a bet.

Hand 2- Streets 1 and 2 are fine. Street 3 I dont like. You should either check raise or check call but betting into a pat hand is not going to give you very much info because any half decent player will raise you with or without a better hand trying to get you to break. It really depends on your opponents pat range on whether to check raise or just check and call. 4 handed Id say Im checkraising 80% of the time but really hoping not to get 3 bet. Nothing is worse than raising with an 86 and getting reraised. That has been very expensive for me latly. Against a very tight opponent id check call and than donk bet on the end so that I can only get raised once. This may be very bad though but it seems to work for me.