View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 12:15 AM

Default Re: How did I do on this one?

[ QUOTE ]
I thought I needed to narrow the field so I raised the turn. I am a holdem player so I make a lot of holdem player mistakes. that is why I really appreciate the feedback from the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic doesn't make sense. Your raise will never fold a better hand and allows weaker one-way hands to get out cheaply when they might've called a single bet and found a reason to pay off again.

A reason to raise here might be that the players behind you will coldcall a raw A4 draw, any set or flush, some 2-pair/3-pair hands, etc. This won't be true very often given this specific board. By calling, you make it a lot easier for bad players to make bad calls drawing ~dead. Raising is a lot stronger when you need to protect, (i.e. a set on a 2-flush/straight board), or if you can legitimately expect to good draws and 'promote' your hand into a scoop or split on more river cards, (i.e. a strong high hand and mediocre low draw, or more typically a decent high + nut low against a probable nut low).

In general, micro-limit O/8 is about exploiting the players who don't understand the value of their hands. This leads to a lot of faux-passive play, because semi-bluffing generally induces correct folds and 'correct' calls.