View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 02:18 PM

Default At what point do I know if I\'m any good? and other questions...

Ok, have been playing online for a little while now, probably about 9 months or so. I started out playing limit HE exclusively but after a while I 1) found it boring and 2) realized I didn't have the required patience for the game. I'm a gambler at heart and I just didnt have it in me to wait around for the great starting hands. I found myself moving into 6-max games that I was not prepared for just to play more hands. Anyways, I think I may have found a game online that suits my needs to play a bunch of hands and has been profitable (so far). They are heads-up NL sit n go's. I have been playing these on BoDog for a few weeks now and have been fairly successful, atleast I think I have based on not knowing anything about playing heads-up except that you need to be super agressive. My record is the following:

54-39 overall (58% win rate)

$10 buy in: 25-16 (61%)
$20 buy in: 17-14 (55%)
$30 buy in: 3-3 (50%)
$50 buy in: 9-6 (60%)

So I have the following questions, I'll go ahead and just list them because I have quite a few:

1) At what point can I consider this not a fluke and honestly tell myself that if I continue playing these that I will make money in the long run?
2) What is a sustainable win rate?
3) I have mostly been playing the $10 and $20 buy ins and based of my record have been much more successful at the $10 level. Should I stick to the $10 level for now and if so at what point do I move up?
4) Are there any books I can read about heads-up play? (right now, the only poker books I have are SSHE and King Yao's)
5) I looked through the archives and couldn't find much about the HU SnG's, can anyone point me in the right direction as far as discussions on the game or information about how to play these?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and take care,

PTN [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]