View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Feeling sexy - Q8s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given the development of the board, there is little assurance he will bet this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. every 30/20 is a lagtard at heart. i dont often like the sexy but i like it here

[/ QUOTE ]

A 30/20 may LAG it up on the flop with a pair plus an Ace overcard, but when the T overcard hits, the flush fills, and the gutshot straight draw fills, a 30/20 will take a free showdown with a marginal holding.

I put the 30/20 on either a worse 8 like 89o, or a middle pair with a good kicker like A5o.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is afraid of this flush. The T is not a scary overcard. You're exaggerating the scariness of this board. Plus, lagtards aren't afraid of anything, anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The board is not crap-your-pants scary, of course, but the 30/20 doesn't exactly have a monster holding, either. Chances are his holding is extremely marginal. So if you choose to sexy, you need to count on him making an aggressive value bet with a marginal hand, where the board contains triple-threat scare cards (flush, overcard, straight). This just wont happen very often. BTW, what were the results?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. Isn't one of the characteristics of laggy players that they DO bet a lot of marginal holdings that most players check?