View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 07:33 AM

Default Re: QQ overpair against river bet

1. (SB moves all-in) tough decision, but i'd probably reluctantly call. this could easily be a busted draw bluffing, sensing you have two unimproved overcards. i hate unimproved overpairs in NL, but i don't think you can fold to this fairly safe board. if the SB is loose (and/or a fish), this move reeks of bluff. if the SB is tight and wouldn't bluff, the straight wouldn't really be a thread (would be play 96 or 65?), but a slowplayed set would be a definite possibility. since you had no read, i would call, but if you read him as a by-the-book readable tight player, this might be a fold since this looks like a slowplayed set. otherwise, it's a call.

2. (sb bets $25) call. no raise. you don't want to risk paying off a straight or a slowplayed set by raising and then being forced to call an all-in. if it's a bluff, he'll fold to a raise anyway. just call.

3. (sb checks) check behind him. a busted draw will fold, and the pot's big enough that you could face an all-in raise if you bet, and you don't want to pay off a made straight or a slowplayed set.

aseem