View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: TAG not making money?

I agree with JT. First, PT is taking a database of hand histories and trying to classify you into one of 15 categories. Of course, being considered a TAG is good, but as JT pointed out, having good numbers may not always translate into success.

Also, how many HHs are in your PT? If it's below 25k, I wouldn't put too much stock in the results thusfar. Over time, and with a greater sample size, the numbers will be more useful.

Finally, even though you may be playing good, aggressive poker, you may not be a winning player for a number of reasons. First, you may have a leak or two in your game (heck, we all do) that is costing you the slight edge you may have. Second, you may be getting cold-decked. You can raise every time with monsters, but preflop favorites don't always win. Finally, depending on how low the limits are that you play at, you may be up against too many bad players at the same table. I know this may sound weird, but if you've got a lot of people sticking around too long with sub-par hands, it's likely that even if you're the favorite after the flop, you may be less than a 50% favorite because of all of the drawing hands your opponents have.

Of course, the fact that you are a TAG is a good sign that you are on the right track and making some excellent preflop and flop decisions, regardless of whether your monetary results reflect that.