View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Another suit question

This may not be answerable by people outside of the UK or even London, not sure.

It's time for me to buy a new suit. I have a budget of about £400 (around US$700, but prices are different so it's probably more like US$500-600 in purchasing power).

My question is this: has anyone ever bought from one of those cheapo made-to-measur suit outfits that seem to have become popular in the UK (and the US for all I know)?

Basically they're tailors that don't have outlets, carry stock or do off-the-peg suits, but do regular fitting sessions for made-to-measure suits. Often they seem to be Indians from Hong Kong who come over to London periodically, but there are some UK-based ones too (eg King and Allen ). They claim they're cheaper than standard tailors/Saville Row types because of the above economies (no outlets etc).

Does anyone have any experience with one of these outfits/is anyone able to recommend one? I could get a suit from one of them for within my budget, and a made-to-measure suit sounds nice; but would it be of similar quality to a similarly priced Boss suit or whatever?