View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Playing from the blinds: 9Ts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd have gone for a check-raise here. As you've played it though, 3-bet push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I like a checkraise. If he calls your checkraise, whats your play on the turn if you miss everything? I prefer to get it all in on the flop if i can.

[/ QUOTE ]

The check-raise would be all in, [censored] how much is in the pot if he bets or whatever, I want to take it down and have a huge hand with a bazillion outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to hear others thoughts on this play. Sure you can take down the (REALLY) tiny pot, but this way you're really not getting any value out of your [p]big hand. [/b] By 3 bet pushing, it looks more like a SB special 2 pair or something of the sort. We would be happy to take it down on the flop (with more money in the pot) but if we get called, we have "a bajillion outs."

[/ QUOTE ]

By - big hand - you mean our big draw?

Sure we're the favorite on the flop to nearly every hand - but if we wait for the turn - we're usually a 2:1 or 3:2 dog...the pot may become bigger but our odds of winning are less... I'd only move in on the turn if I sensed weakness in the villian and knew my FE to be through the roof.

Note: I've "slowplayed" exactly one draw. I had 2nd pair, and an OESFD on the flop.

We don't have a hand worth 'slowplaying' here