View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Win a Porsche in 2 1/2 years playing 20 hours a week?

I kinda figured this in the Stars FPP per hour thread, but I couldn't get it out of my mind so I thought I would figure it a little more closely.

From that thread, I figured you would earn 360 FPPs an hour if you eight table the $3/$6 SH game. If you play 20 hours a week, you would hit SuperNova in 14 weeks.

Now on to some more specific Porsche calculations:

You would hit Platinum in 28 hours, so for the sake of this example, your FPPs would start accumulating for the Porsche 2.5 times faster after one week. (900 FPPs per hour) Which means after 14 weeks, you would have approximately 250,000 FPPs. For the balance of the year you are now earning FPPs 3.5 times faster which means you earn 1,260 FPP per hour, which means you earn another 958,000 FPPs for the balance of the year, This brings your grand total to 1.2 million FPPs per year, 100,000 FPP per month basically, so it would take you 2 1/2 years to win a $ 60,000 Porsche 8-tabling $3/$56 SH for 20 hours a week. (If a person could stand 8 tabling full time, 40+ hours a week, it would be possible to win one in a year!)

Amazing.....

(And please someone correct me if my calculations are way off, as anyone that plays poker with me knows my math skils aren't that great)