View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Party 3/6.... do I go for the trifecta while trapping the whole fi

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose my subconscious reasoning was that if it was 100% sure CO would bet, it would be very likely he would raise after we bet too, and if it was 100% certain CO would raise, a bet from us is of course correct.

[/ QUOTE ]
It would make the decision closer, but I still would check/raise. As said, facing the 2 other players with 2 cold will only help them to make the correct decision. Protecting our hand will only make hands that don't have the odds to call to fold, while check/raising will make these hands (gut-shots, pairs etc...) to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has to be wrong. I really don't mind getting gut-shots to fold, even if that's the correct decision for them. In this large pot, the most important thing is to win it, hasn't that been written like a thousand times in ToP and SSHE and such?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a close decision, but one thing that I know for sure is that your reasoning is flawed. You shouldn't be using general rules for how to play a hand when the pot is big, you should look at every situation separately. It's easy, we gain when our opponents make mistakes, we shouldn't be helping our opponents to play correct according to the fundamental theorem of poker. We want gut-shots to call, just look at the pot!

EDIT: and what makes it close is that we'll charge strong more by betting and getting raised, not that we'll get hands to fold...