View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 08:29 AM

Default Re: Party 3/6.... do I go for the trifecta while trapping the whole fi

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unless I have a reason to be believe the risk of getting raised is greater than average (ie there's very aggressive players yet to act) I limp a pair 2nd in. Which means I limp PPs in this situation almost all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I certainly don't, but assuming a limp is correct I probably just play to weak when I don't flop a set with that low a pair. As I see it, if you consider limping 2nd in with 55 in MP3, couldn't an isolation raise be correct then too? I'd rather be heads-up with 55 with the initiative than be 3- or 4-handed without any initiative.

[/ QUOTE ]
I alwaystry to find those isolation raises, but raising raising 55 2nd in from MP3 is pushing it a little too much, especially against an unknown UTG+1 limper. Even if i knew he sucks I would probably just call.

As for playing ui I will almost always fold if it gets bet before me, but most often bet if I'm checked to. Of course this is depending on my reads, how many players saw the flop and the texture of the board, but in general that'swhat I do most of the time.

On average I think we can count on 4 players to the flop for 1 SB each. We like that. Sometimes only BB comes along to the flop, but that will give us the opportunity to play this hand UI as well, since we'll get checked to pretty frequently.