View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 05:45 AM

Default Re: PT stats questions

[ QUOTE ]
Hello everyone!

Im new to this forum (as a poster) and I wanted to ask a couple of questions about my PLO PT stats.

[/ QUOTE ]
Welcome!

[ QUOTE ]

VP$IP: I'm at around 40% here slowly working downwards. My impression from reading on here is that <30% is a good number. Question: Are the extra 10% very detrimental to the winrate?

[/ QUOTE ]
The answer to this depends greatly on your ability to play after the flop AND your opponents' ability post-flop. The big question is how are you doing with those 30-40% hands? Poker tracker can help you a bit here. Usually, those 30-40% hands consist of 3 good cards and a rag (like KQJ4ss). You can use pokertracker to filter these out and see if you're making or losing money with them.

At the lowest limits where many pleople have VP$IPs over 75%, 40% is just fine. Beyond $0.5/$1 though you will get killed if you don't learn to play marginal hands extremely well.
[ QUOTE ]
Flop aggression factor: I'm very low here (<1), but my turn and river factors are ok. How important is it to get more aggressive on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
How much less than 1? There's a big difference between 0.5 and 0.95

At a minimum, if you play many hands you shouldn't be very aggressive (on average - at least) because many of your hands won't warrent it. If you had a VP$IP below 30% then things would be different.