View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: LImping with AK and AQ in early levels

There are times when I do this.

There are also times when I fold and times when I push.

First few hands I might try to catch a maniac (low buyins). They play real foolishly for the first few hands, playing slightly less foolish than them gives you an edge, get in there and take some fish stacks before some other weak loose fish gets them!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Plenty of times that I do not do this though. The whole double up or bust out early question, we talk about it all the time.

A lot of limpers and if it unlikely to be raised so that I can see a flop with good pot odds for cheap. I get in there.

A known or suspected maniac pushes or has limped and I think I can get him/her to call a push with a lesser hand then I push. Some dead money in the pot might make a push +EV even if they have a little pair.

Level 2 and beyond I might raise to narrow the field.

Level 1 is a special level at the low buyins and deserves special consideration. They really do some stupid stuff for the first 8 hands or so. Getting any chips in the middle early on without a plan on what to do when they push is foolish. After the maniacs bust out and some time is invested then more rational play is the rule.

--
tjh