View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Why aren\'t you better?

just want to jump in here on the subject of crushing the 200s:

1) while i agree with raptor mostly, i don't do so entirely
2) i believe you can do very well (though perhaps not be the best player in the game) by playing well in the late game and implementing "good cash game strategy" in the early game
3) i think that a fairly straightforward approach to the early game can also be quite viable
4) playing well post flop is vastly more important than playing tons of hands preflop
5) i think that people misunderstand (possibly even including raptor) what perfect late game play is. it is often the most "adjusting to your opponents" heavy part of the game. many 200s tables (though not as many lately) don't have donks willing to dough-nate with 3rd pair on level 1, so just the straightout "lay into the donks" doesn't do that well for adjusting play concerns. instead, knowing when you're at a table where pushing every +ev push is right, and when you're at one where they'll bust themselves, and other such concerns, is very important. it is in spots like this where raw ICM fails you, and being a good player of these games wins out.

there's more i'm sure, but meh.

c