View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 12:54 PM

Default Re: A chat with Bernard Lee.

[ QUOTE ]
What I really found interesting is the fact that nobody ever takes the "good family man" to task for being absurd.

Yes, it's nice that you love your kids.

However, it is also creepy and weird that you slobber all over a picture of them all the time, particularly when you seem to be hoping for luck.

"God, please watch me put my saliva on this picture of my children while I am on television, so that you might see the depths of my love for my children and grant me a good flop, turn, and river..."

Blecch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The other thing I found disturbing about him was that he felt he had to counsel all the people as they dropped out. Hey, give me a hand shake and say "nice run." You don't have to hug me and tell me how great I played, how tough a beat it was, blah, blah, blah. Let me leave with dignity and go cry on my own.

That said, I can't imagine the pressure involved at that point due to (1) you've been going at it for a week straight, and (2) there is a ton of money on the line. Pretty easy for me to nitpick here 3 months later. I'd love the chance to be in the same position to do otherwise.

NCAces