View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Bubble Question From a Beginner

I mainly play 5 & 10, I will usually play really tight aggressive, in the early stages of the tourny and win one or two key hands and get the chip lead and pick up small pots here and there with 3 to four callers in them. You have to wait till the blinds get high enough to open up. when the blinds get to $50 to $100 your average player has about 500 - 700 in chips. This slows down the action because the Manic callers, can't afford to see every flop anymore. If You have won those key hands and got to about the $2000 to $3000- Start pounding from position (with good hands) and over betting with monster hands (with about 5 players left). you will get a lot of despreat calls with A? and K? or even Q?, and alor of allins on small pairs.
Don't go crazy though, make sure that you are playing quality hands, no reason to bluff with K5 ect. But if you pick up ace jack suited on the button no other callers and the blinds are short stacked, put alot of pressure on them. Pocket pair above 77 put them All in to call. I last thing Don't feel that You have to call a short stack all in with a poor hand to try and knock them out, unless you are on the BB with very little to have to call the bet.