View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Bubble Question From a Beginner

Thanks for your response. I knew KTs was a good hand 4 handed, but I didn't want to risk pushing on the bubble. There had been a lot of limping in this game even with good hands, and I was worried that the LAG would call with any ace if I pushed. I understand your reasoning for not just calling, and I'll know better next time.

I have only played 7-8 SNG's at the $5 level, but it seems that most of the players play them tight like a limit game with a couple of LAGs that will win a big hand early or bust out early. A lot of the players I've seen will only limp preflop or make a minimum raise. I even see a lot of minimum bets post flop. Seeing this, I will play a little looser preflop and try to see more flops cheap in hopes of hitting a big hand early. If the flop doesn't hit me hard, I'm only out 10-20 chips. Then I'll tighten up in the middle stages. Then if I make it to the late stages, I try to adjust to the remaining opponents.

Is this a reasonable approach?

Have others had similar experiences with a lot of limpers and minimum raises preflop in the low buyin SNG's? I'm sure it's much different in the higher buyin games.