View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: 2005 PokerStars MTTs: An Overview

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, that and the avg. rake/player/tournament.

I mean, I know I have paid several hundered in tournament rake all by my self and dont play that much really.

I guess this just shows the relative number of micro tournaments to the $2+ fee tournaments(20+2+).

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, that's the avg rake/player/tournament. Not the avg rake/player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I was implying that a larger number of entrants and available tournaments with a low buy in bring this number down. Id think that even with one weekly $15 tournament rake tournament with usually over 3k entrants it would bring this up to at least $2. I guess the fact that even the 45k is only $1 per entrant and everything below brings this down also.

Its just really surprising to me that they run so many tournaments, have so many entrants and only pulled 12 mill in tournament fees. Hell, operating costs must take a good bit of that up, and then any overlays and added on prize pools also hit this up.

So I guess what I am slowly getting at is that in relation to the rake gathered in cash games, why would they even worry about us tournament players? Clearly they get a much lower rake from us.