View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 08:06 PM

Default Re: my term paper on Conservatives and the Cold War (long)

I understand you may be reading them, but you may not be understanding them. In your posts it seems like you want to learn about conservativism to destroy it. Not because you want to expand your ideas. That is how your paper reads.

You think conservativism is some corporate fat cats in a room somewhere thinking of ways to drum up hate and nationalism to get themselves rich. That is true of a lot of rightist movements, and of current Republicans. But that doesn't mean its true of an entire idealogy or movement. Conservatism is powerful because a lot of its ideas are powerful, not because they are marketed better. There is more too this then you think.

Are all conservative ideas good, no. I hate a lot of them, its why I'm not a conservative. But your actually gonna have to give them a fair shake in order to truly understand them.

I guess simply put, try using the scientific method. Instead of deciding conservatism is wrong and then looking for evidence to prove that, try looking at evidence before drawing conclusions. For instance, read an economics textbook before making judgements about the economy. If I could just get every liberal in the country to understand ECO 101 the libertarian party could finally capture the presidency [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]