View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Moving Up Is Hard To Do

Hey Jax, very nice post. But what about the flip side? If someone is beating a certain level for .5BB/100 over 50K hands, isn't it as likely that their winrate over 50K hands is greater than their "true" winrate, i.e. they are a breakeven/losing player, and moving up levels is probably not what they should be doing?

I know nothing about what type of player badplayer is, but don't think we should just say "short term winrates don't matter". I just don't think that just because someone posts on 2+2 that means we should assume they're a winning player. I think what Aaron wrote above is right on, that you need to be able to adjust to the new level, and basically figure out how to adjust enough that you have an edge over the competition. Maybe badplayer feels that he has a big edge at 1/2 and his results are just variance, who knows.

Hope this wasn't too argumentative or anything, you likely know a lot more about all of the stuff than me, and I think everything you wrote about adjusting to a higher level and strategies to help is great (a lot of my troubles in moving up probably could have been avoided had I read your post a few months ago).