View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Bart Hanson was wrong last night ......

....to think I'd defend my play on the hand where I had a freeplay with 6-5 offsuit in the blind and bet $25 on the flop (into five or six opponents) with a board of Q-4-3 rainbow. Gus (seat 3) called and seat 4 (the guy with a ZZ Topp beard) made it $100. I did the math but screwed up by adding a non-existant $100 to my potential win (which would have made it close). But even with this mistake it's only close if I don't account for the fact that a likely hand I'd be up against would be a two pair or a set, meaning I'd have to account for redraws. Spiking the turn deuce and escaping the board pair on the river (ZZ Topp had a set of fours) more than doubled me up but it was the worse hand I played all night (I think).

On that hand I wonder what Bart meant by a $25 bet into a $30 to $35 pot (after tip/drop) being a "typical Rick mousey bet"; I mean how big a bet (relative to the pot) do I have to fire for it to be "not mousey"? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I heard about an hour on the replay and thought Bart and Shirley are really getting polished.

But Bart, would you please pronounce my name correctly? An odd sounding name has caused my much torment - not all of us have a "movie star" sounding name. And I only called you Brad once.

Regards,

Rick

PS Bart - Give me a break, I'm not as tight as you think (or as you are). I really was card dead again last night

PPS Shirley - I do routinely raise with KQ offsuit against one limper in late position.

PPS I need liposuction on my chin given I don't even have love handles or a beer gut. It's expensive so I'll take donations.

PPPS There were a couple hands (I wasn't involved) where the verbal interplay and gamesmanship was extremely interesting and won the pot for the gamesman. If I get time I'll try to write them up for the general 2+2 forum.

PPPPS Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays!