View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: OT: Help me plan my summer

Sounds like a fun opportunity. If I were you I'd check out options in a few different sunny locations, maybe check out summer sublets on craigslist. There are a bunch of fun cities out there...just make sure you get a nice spot. I'd also recommend getting another friend or two to go with you. Having a buddy isn't such a bad idea anyway, both financially and socially (think...wingman). Bonus if the guy is a local and even more bonus if he knows hot chicks.

Once you figure out the plan, however, be sure to think about the opportunity cost. I know I spent my college summers working and interning. I made a little dough, but nothing to brag about, but the real benefit was that the experience kickstarted my career when I graduated from college. So I'm glad I put in my hours for corporate america. Not saying you're doing anything wrong. Just think about a few different options. I know 3-4 interns at my current company that are making bank (relatively speaking) from a paycheck, and making even more extra cash after-hours playing poker. Their hours aren't as crazy as us full-timers, so they get to live it up a bit more. It's nice being in college [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway good luck.