View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Poker is an American game

Holy crap Mushu. The stereotype of the average American being fat, stupid and ignorant usually won't hold true, but you sir strike them all I'm sure.

Apple pie was being baked in England long before North America was even known to exist. Empires are what spread civilisation to 'barbaric' places around the world (the US is a result of this).

The US spread west peacefully did it? My God this is one of the most stupid statements I've ever read.

Baseball is well known to have been derived from rounders.

Most things Americans consider to be American have came from other places in the world. It just so happens the US is about 2000 years behind most other Western nations (in Europe), otherwise it might have been a different story.

No doubt you think English was invented by an American, too?

Jimbo it not about whether or not the national anthem is insulting to people (it shouldn't be seeing as they'd be in America to hear it) but whether or not it's appropriate. I don't see how it possibly could be seeing as the WSOP hosts players from throughout the world. The WSOP is funded by players from throughout the world. What relevance has the anthem got for being played?