View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Another Interesting Home Game situation

[ QUOTE ]
What are the rules on this? In Supersystem, DB talks about if he has A-A and a player is betting into him, he will show the A-A and try to get a read. I assume DB was talking about a cash game, not a tournament, and was heads up.

I have used the trick myself, like when I had an Ax with x being a low kicker. Why you would show with the nuts is beyond me, maybe he was flustered/excited. It was a big hand.

I would really like to know the rules, officially. Have they changed since Supersystem? If so, why? Collusion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, people, how hard is it to google the rules or even read the thread and see the answers of people who have read the rules.

Tournament Directors Association:

Rule 35: A player who exposes his cards during the play may incur a penalty but will not have his hand killed.

for those who are google impaired

I don't see a rule that specific in Robert's rules of poker, but if you look under the section heading: "Dead Hands," exposing your cards is not listed as a reason to kill a hand. Also under "Showdown," Rule 6 "show one show all" its strongly implied (indeed I don't see any way to read the rule otherwise) that an exposed hand is not a dead hand.

Linky, cause I know google is so hard to use

--Zetack