View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: and in this corner.....weighing 265 pounds..Folding Equity!!!!!

Here were my thoughts on the hand. I am slightly advantaged as I have a ton of experience with the SB, and some with the total donk. I thought for sure the SB had an Ace, he was very close to be committed here. The donk would call down anything with an Ace, probably folding anything else.

------
Well, I want all of the chips in on the flop, and the more callers the merrier. You have 15 outs to close enough to the nuts for me. Being heads up doesnt help our chances of winning the hand any (since I'm sure whoever would call any bets will have the A). Im definitely going to raise though, I want to reopen the action and at least give the SB a chance to push. But I dont want to raise too much, b/c I want the option of reraising his push, if anyone else is along for the ride.

So, 220 in the pot...hmmm

I think I make it 300, to go. Its early enough that they wont have any read on your bet sizes. This way, it leaves the SB with just enough chips where he might think he has some Folding Equity. Plus, SB calling 200 is better than the 100 call (MP or LP)you can probably expect behind you. Also, you made it 300, It cost SB 200 to call, leaving him with 350, which will reopen the betting if he pushes it in (in case someone else calls you too). Also, it commits you to the pot, and makes it easy to call a push from SB if he calls and Leads the turn for 350 (and we miss)

Say you make it 300, and have 2 callers. I am Jamming any turn other than an A.
If just SB calls, I will take the free card if he gives it, and call a push.

-----

So, my thought was that we had to raise. If we just call, and dont get another caller, we are making a mistake by calling the push that I was certain the SB was making the 2/3 of the time we miss. The players behind would have a hard time raising with less than 2P, and they could get us off the turn with a push as well.

I think that a lone ace would call a raise alot more often than they would raise themselves. I though the 300 gave us the best chance of building a monster pot on the flop. A call would end up with a 300-400 pot way too often.

I felt that we could ignore hands like AXs, 2p and sets, b/c the betting of the other players would take care of getting all of the money in for us. So I want to maximize against weak flush draws, AX, etc.

I am going to try to get the other player to post his actual line and thoughts. Just an excuse to trap another good player into posting some hands.

Happy Holidays ,you degenerates! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]