View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 12:43 AM

Default Comparing win rates: Party vs PR vs ABS vs Prima etc...

This relates primarily to the 2/4 limit.

So far I've only played where I had a bonus to clear, which means that almost all of my play has been non-Party. I am well aware that Party has the loosest games, but playing on the tighter sites should make up for it by doing bonuses.

So far I have been VERY conservative in moving up in limits (20K hands 0.5/1, 50K 1/2, 30K 1/2 6max, 30K 2/4) even though showing more than sufficient win rates at 0.5/1 and 1/2. These limits have mostly been played on Party though.

The thing is, I am showing about 1BB/100 at 2/4 by now, but had a personal goal of 2BB/100 before advancing. But the question is what would my BB/100 be if I had played at Party?

Besides the fact that Party has softer games, there is the difference in rake. As far as I can tell, Prima has the same rake schedule as party. ABS is raking 25c pr $5, so taking rake at $5-$19 pots which party doesn't (and of course higher rake $25, $30 etc), and PR has also introduced a new rake structure that is more exspensive than Party.

Bottom line, is there any way to calculate/estimate, what my BB/100 would have been at party (besides going through each and every hand)? Has anybody else been giving this any thoughts?

Or should I just try to move up by now, see how it works out (BR is not an issue)??

All comments on this subject is welcome.